Criminal Law Review & Board Certification Tips
Comprehensive Seminar for State and Federal Law
March 31 - April 1, 2022
Rosen Plaza Orlando, Florida
CLE is pending!
All FACDL seminars, apart from the annual Criminal Law Certification Review seminar, are intended to: promote the excellence of, disseminate knowledge to, and provide education to, the criminal defense community. In that regard, attendance at all seminars (apart from the certification review seminar) is limited to criminal defense attorneys, mitigation specialists, defense investigators and other staff involved in providing criminal defense.
- Registration for this event grants FACDL permission to use photographs and/or video of the registered attendees in publications, news releases, website pages, social media and in any other FACDL communications related to the mission of FACDL.
- Those seminar attendees in need of additional services under ADA, please provide notice of your needs to email@example.com no later than March 8, 2022, so arrangements can be made in advance.
Onsite Registration is available for an additional $25 for one day/$50 for two day seminar
REGISTRATION: (Registration must include full payment or purchase order submission. Purchase orders due to FACDL no later than March 8, 2022. See below for full Purchase Order Policy. )
Two Day Non-Member .....$375.00 Two Day FACDL Member.....$300.00 Two Day Gov. Employee.....$200.00
One Day Non-Member.....$255.00 One Day FACDL Member.....$180.00 One Day Gov. Employee.....$105.00
ONLINE/MAIL REGISTRATION ENDS ON MARCH 24, 2022
AFTER MARCH 24, 2022 ONLY ONSITE REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE THE DAY OF THE SEMINAR FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE
REFUND CUT OFF DATE: MARCH 8, 2022!
Rosen Plaza Orlando, 9700 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (not the other Rosen properties)
To make hotel reservations, you must first register & pay for the Certification Review Seminar. Once you have completed your Certification Review Seminar registration, you will be eligible to seek a hotel room at FACDL rates if available. The information will be available in your registration email (check your junk email).
HOTEL RESERVATIONS (if rooms are still available) MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN MARCH 8, 2022!
Thursday, March 31, 2022:
7:30 a.m.- 8:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m.- 8:35 a.m. Opening Remarks – Diana Johnson, Co-CLE Chair
8:35 a.m.- 8:45 a.m. Testing Tips – Michael Ufferman, Michael Ufferman Law Firm
8:45 a.m.- 10:05 a.m. Florida Sentencing – Judge Richard Hersch, 11th Circuit Judge
10:05 a.m.- 10:15 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m.- 11:25 a.m. State and Federal Evidence – Teresa Williams, Law Offices of Teresa Williams
11:25 a.m.- 12:15 p.m. Ethics – Richard Greenberg, Rumberger Kirk
12:15 p.m.- 1:25 p.m. Lunch on your own
1:25 p.m.- 2:25 p.m. State Criminal Appeals – Michael Davis, Keuhne Davis Law
2:25 p.m. – 3:25 p.m. Florida Case Law Update – Denis DeVlaming, DeVlaming & Rivellini
3:25 p.m.- 3:40 p.m. Break
3:40 p.m.- 4:40 p.m. 4th Amendment – Milton Hirsch, 11th Circuit Judge
4:40 p.m.- 5:30 p.m. Florida Legislative and Rules Update - Pete Mills, Assistant Public Defender, 10th Cir.
Friday, April 1, 2022:
7:30 a.m.- 8:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m.- 8:35 a.m. Opening Remarks – Diana Johnson
8:35 a.m.- 9:35 a.m. Federal Appeals – Jim Skuthan, Assistant Federal Defender, Middle District
9:35 a.m.- 10:20 a.m. 5th & 6th Amend. – Judge Jenifer Harris, 9th Circuit, & Ret. Judge Patrick Harris
10:20 a.m.- 10:30 a.m. Break
10:30 a.m.- 11:15 a.m. 5th & 6th Amend. Continued
11:15 p.m.- 12:15 p.m. Federal Procedure – Lisa Call, Assistant Federal Defender, Middle District
12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch on your own
1:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. Federal Sentencing part 1 – Jim Skuthan
2:30 p.m.- 2:45 p.m. Break
2:45 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. Federal Sentencing part 2 – Jim Skuthan
4:00 p.m.- 4:30 p.m. Federal Sentencing hypotheticals/Questions– Jim Skuthan
Unable to attend?
The Full 2 Day Course Materials & Audio will be available for CLE Credit
FACDL Members ..... $324.63 | Non-Members ..... $ 384.63
CLE is pending!
Course material prices include, handling, course materials, audio recording of seminar and information for you to post Continuing Legal Education Credit online with The Florida Bar.
Be sure to log in if you are an FACDL member to get the FACDL member rate.
Purchase Order Policy for Government, Public Defender and Regional Conflict Counsel Offices
In order to make the registration of government attorneys and investigators more defined, efficient, and equally applied, FACDL implements the following policy for Government agencies wishing to register their employees (attorneys or investigators) for a FACDL seminar:
- Government agencies may purchase registrations to any FACDL seminar by emailing FACDL a Purchase Order listing the name and email address of each attendee.
- Purchase Orders must be received by FACDL no later than the online registration cut-off date for the particular seminar.
- Attendee names listed on a Purchase Order may only be replaced by another name before the online registration cut-off date. Substitutions will not be allowed after the online registration cut-off date.
- Onsite registration is available for any government attorney or investigator with direct payment at the time of registration, but not by Purchase Order.
- Refund fees will apply to names removed and not replaced from a Purchase Order before the refund cut-off date.
- The no refund policy and cut-off date will apply to individual attorneys as well as to those registered through a Purchase Order. Full payment on a Purchase Order will be expected after the refund cut-off date regardless of ability to attend. After the refund cut-off date, those registered that are unable to attend, will be afforded the materials only registration (including the recording) if such option is available at no extra cost.