2022 Death is Different
February 24-25, 2022
LIVE IN-PERSON EVENT- NOT RECORDED
Online Registration Closes at noon on February 15, 2022
Onsite Registration is available for an Additional $25
Registration Types/ Prices:
FACDL Members..... $320
Public Defenders..... $220 (3 or more are $195 each; 5 or more are $180 each)
ONSITE REGISTRATION IS AN ADDITIONAL $25
Before February 15, 2022- Regional Counsel and Public Defender offices who register 3 or more employees at same time, from their respective offices, will receive a discounted rate of $195 per attendee and those who register 5 or more employees will receive a discounted rate of $180 per attendee. Cancellations will impact this discounted rate. Registration must include full payment or purchase order submission. See below for full Purchase Order Policy. CONTACT email@example.com for details and registration assistance.
ALL COURSE MATERIALS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS THROUGH FACDL.ORG. NON-MEMBERS WILL OBTAIN THE MATERIALS THROUGH DROPBOX.
IT IS UP TO THE ATTENDEE TO OBTAIN, SAVE, DOWNLOAD OR PRINT THESE MATERIALS. FACDL DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY CD/FLASH DRIVE OR PHYSICAL FORM OF MATERIALS
SEE BELOW FOR STATE AGENCY PURCHASE ORDER POLICY
SHORTLY AFTER REGISTRATION, A REGISTRATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL USED FOR REGISTRATION CONTAINING IMPORTANT SEMINAR INFORMATION. CHECK JUNK/SPAM FOR THIS EMAIL.
- All FACDL seminars, apart from the annual Criminal Law Certification Review seminar, are intended to: promote the excellence of, disseminate knowledge to, and provide education to, the criminal defense community. In that regard, attendance at all seminars (apart from the certification review seminar) is limited to criminal defense attorneys, mitigation specialists, defense investigators and other staff involved in providing criminal defense.
- Registration for this event grants FACDL permission to use photographs and/or video of the registered attendees in publications, news releases, website pages, social media and in any other FACDL communications related to the mission of FACDL.
- Seminar contents and materials are solely for educational purposes and are not to be shared by an attendee. Any opinions expressed by presenters may not necessarily reflect the views and/or policies of FACDL.
- Those seminar attendees in need of additional services under ADA, please provide notice of your needs to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 25, 2022 so arrangements can be made in advance.
Rosen Plaza Hotel (across from Pointe Orlando-not the other Rosen properties), 9700 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
To make hotel reservations, you must first register & pay for Death is Different. Once you have completed your Death is Different registration you will be emailed the link to reserve your room at FACDL rates.
There are a limited number of rooms so register NOW to get FACDL room rates
- For more hotel information, such as rates, please contact FACDL at (850) 385-5080 or through email at email@example.com
Must reserve room through hotel prior to February 1, 2022 to get group rate. CONSULT HOTEL FOR BOOKING AND CANCELATION RULES.
Discounted self parking $5 per day for those not staying at the hotel.
ONLY REGISTERED ATTENDEES MAY SUBMIT CLE CREDIT TO THE FLORIDA BAR.
CLE APPROVAL IS PENDING!
Seminar Agenda (subject to change)
Thursday, February 24, 2022: TBA
Friday, February 25, 2022: TBA
About the Speakers: TBA
Tuition refund is a $35 administrative fee which will be made for cancellation received in writing/email by 4 pm on February 1, 2022. No refunds will be made after that time.
Purchase Order Policy for Public Defender and Regional Conflict Counsel Offices
In order to make the registration of government attorneys and investigators more defined, efficient, and equally applied, FACDL implements the following policy for Government agencies wishing to register their employees (attorneys or investigators) for a FACDL seminar:
- Government agencies may purchase registrations to any FACDL seminar by emailing FACDL a Purchase Order listing the name and email address of each attendee.
- Purchase Orders must be received by FACDL no later than the online registration cut-off date for the particular seminar.
- Attendee names listed on a Purchase Order may only be replaced by another name before the online registration cut-off date. Substitutions will not be allowed after the online registration cut-off date.
- Onsite registration is available for any government attorney or investigator with direct payment at the time of registration, but not by Purchase Order.
- Refund fees will apply to names removed and not replaced from a Purchase Order before the refund cut-off date.
- The no refund policy and cut-off date will apply to individual attorneys as well as to those registered through a Purchase Order. Full payment on a Purchase Order will be expected after the refund cut-off date regardless of ability to attend. After the refund cut-off date, those registered that are unable to attend, will be afforded the materials only registration (including the recording) if such option is available at no extra cost.