Blood, Breath & Tears 2021
Full jury trial is back
- All FACDL seminars, apart from Booster Shot-Criminal Law Certification Review seminar, are intended to: promote the excellence of, disseminate knowledge to, and provide education to, the criminal defense community. In that regard, attendance at all seminars (apart from the certification review seminar) is limited to criminal defense attorneys, mitigation specialists, defense investigators and other staff involved in providing criminal defense.
- Registration for this event grants FACDL permission to use photographs and/or video of the registered attendees in publications, news releases, website pages, social media and in any other FACDL communications related to the mission of FACDL.
- Those seminar attendees in need of additional services under ADA, please provide notice of your needs to email@example.com no later than October 6, 2021, so arrangements can be made in advance.
Online Registration Closes October 6, 2021
Onsite Registration is an Additional $25
FACDL Members .......$390
Public Defenders ..... $340
Non-Members .......... $465
ONSITE REGISTRATION IS AN ADDITIONAL $25
ALL COURSE MATERIALS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS THROUGH THE EVENT SITE AND FACDL.ORG.
- NON-MEMBERS WILL OBTAIN THE MATERIALS VIA EVENT SITE AND OR DROPBOX.
- IT IS UP TO THE ATTENDEE TO OBTAIN, SAVE, DOWNLOAD OR PRINT THESE MATERIALS. FACDL DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY CD/FLASH DRIVE OR PHYSICAL FORM OF MATERIALS
- SEE BELOW FOR STATE AGENCY PURCHASE ORDER POLICY
SHORTLY AFTER REGISTRATION, A REGISTRATION EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL USED FOR REGISTRATION CONTAINING IMPORTANT SEMINAR INFORMATION. CHECK JUNK/SPAM FOR THIS EMAIL.
- Tuition refund plus a $35.00 administrative fee will be made for cancellation received in writing (or email to firstname.lastname@example.org) by 4:00pm EST, September 22, 2021. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE AFTER THIS TIME- transfer to recorded seminar available.
For more information contact Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
(850) 385-5080| E-mail: email@example.com | No telephone registrations please
Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore, 2225 N Lois, Tampa, FL 33607
Hotel Rates & Reservations:
Nightly rate $149+ taxes and parking ($3 per day)
To make hotel reservations, you must first register & pay for the BB&T seminar. Once you have completed your BB&T registration you will be emailed the link to reserve your room at FACDL rates. HOTEL RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 22, 2021!
- For more hotel information contact FACDL at (850) 385-5080 or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule of Events (subject to change)
Thursday, October 14, 2021- Jury Trial Day
7:30am – 8:30am Registration and Continental Breakfast Buffet
8:20am – 8:30am Announcements
8:30am – 5:30pm Jury Selection, Trial, Simulcast & Jury Deliberations
5:30pm – 6:00pm Jury Panel Q/A
The Honorable Circuit Court Judge Zach James will call any breaks just like a real trial. Lunch will be on your own.
Friday, October 15, 2021- Lecture Day
7:30am – 8:30 am Registration and Continental Breakfast Buffet
8:15am - 8:30am Announcements
8:30am – 9:00am DMV Updates- David Robbins and Susan Cohen
9:00am – 9:50am Case Law Updates- Eilam Isaak
9:50am – 10:05am Networking Break
10:05am – 10:55am Way to fight FSEs - Matt Olszewski
10:55am – 11:45am DREs- Lance Platt
11:45am – 12:45pm Lunch On Your Own
12:45pm – 1:00pm Gladiator Award
1:00pm – 1:50pm Covid and DUIs- Jan Semenoff
1:50pm – 2:40pm The Science of Drug and Alcohol Testing- Dr. Lee Polite
2:40pm – 3:00pm Networking Break
3:00pm – 3:50pm DUI Manslaughters and Serious Injury Cases- AnneMarie Rizzo & Brett McIntosh
3:50pm – 4:40pm Accident Reconstruction- Chris Stewart,
4:40pm – 5:30pm Trial Panelists Discussion (from day before): Prosecution: Russell Smith ; Defense: Deandra Grant and Josh Lee; Defendant: Lee Lockett; Officer: Lance Platt; Bailiff: Michael Kessler.
About the Speakers (TBA)
For Those Unable to Attend the Live Seminar
Course Materials and Audio for CLE Credit.
FACDL Members .....$410.65 | Non-Members .....$460.65
- Make sure to log in for FACDL member rate!
Course material prices include all written materials, Audio (possible video) of presentations via Dropbox and information for attorney to post Continuing Legal Education Credit online with The Florida Bar. NO REFUNDS AVAILABLE ONCE PURCHASED.
- ALL COURSE MATERIALS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS THROUGH THE EVENT SITE AND FACDL.ORG.
- NON-MEMBERS WILL OBTAIN THE MATERIALS VIA DROPBOX
Be sure that you are LOGGED IN
for the best prices available!
Purchase Order Policy for Public Defender and Regional Conflict Counsel Offices
In order to make the registration of government attorneys and investigators more defined, efficient, and equally applied, FACDL implements the following policy for Government agencies wishing to register their employees (attorneys or investigators) for a FACDL seminar:
- Government agencies may purchase registrations to any FACDL seminar by emailing FACDL a Purchase Order listing the name and email address of each attendee.
- Purchase Orders must be received by FACDL no later than the online registration cut-off date for the particular seminar.
- Attendee names listed on a Purchase Order may only be replaced by another name before the online registration cut-off date. Substitutions will not be allowed after the online registration cut-off date.
- Onsite registration is available for any government attorney or investigator with direct payment at the time of registration, but not by Purchase Order.
- Refund fees will apply to names removed and not replaced from a Purchase Order before the refund cut-off date.
- The no refund policy and cut-off date will apply to individual attorneys as well as to those registered through a Purchase Order. Full payment on a Purchase Order will be expected after the refund cut-off date regardless of ability to attend. After the refund cut-off date, those registered that are unable to attend, will be afforded the materials only registration (including the recording) if such option is available at no extra cost.