2021 Death is Different
FACDL's Premier Death Penalty Seminar for 27 Years
February 25-26, 2021
(CURRENTLY LIVE EVENT ONLY- WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR FOR POSSIBLE WEBINAR TRANSITION)
All FACDL seminars, apart from the annual Criminal Law Certification Review seminar, are intended to: promote the excellence of, disseminate knowledge to, and provide education to, the criminal defense community. In that regard, attendance at all seminars (apart from the certification review seminar) is limited to criminal defense attorneys, mitigation specialists, defense investigators and other staff involved in providing criminal defense.
- Seminar contents and materials are solely for educational purposes. Any opinions expressed by presenters may not necessarily reflect the views and/or policies of FACDL.
- Registration for this event grants FACDL permission to use photographs and/or video of the registered attendees in publications, news releases, website pages, social media and in any other FACDL communications related to the mission of FACDL.
- Those seminar attendees in need of additional services under ADA, please provide notice of your needs to email@example.com no later than February 16, 2021 so arrangements can be made in advance.
REGISTRATION (Registration must include full payment or purchase order submission. See below for Purchase Order Policy)
Registration Types/ Prices:
FACDL Members..... $320
Public Defenders..... $220 (3 or more are $195 each; 5 or more are $180 each)
Regional Counsel and Public Defender offices who register 3 or more employees at same time, from their respective offices, will receive a discounted rate of $195 per attendee and those who register 5 or more employees will receive a discounted rate of $180 per attendee. Cancellations will impact this discounted rate. See Purchase Order Policy below. CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org for details and registration assistance.
- ONLINE/MAIL REGISTRATION CLOSES ON 02/15/2021
- AFTER 02/15/2021 ONLY ONSITE REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE THE DAY OF THE SEMINAR FOR AN ADDITIONAL $50
- Once you register for your Death is Different 2021 spot, a registration email will be sent to you containing important seminar information including the link to make your hotel reservation
- Chapter Scholarship cutoff date is January 25, 2021
- This is NOT a recorded event
FACDL would love to make sure that this event happens in person, but our attendees' safety and health comes first.
Changes will be made if the event must go virtual due to COVID-19 conditions
CLE APPROVAL IS PENDING!
Hotel Accommodations: FACDL Room Block!
Rosen Plaza Hotel (not the other Rosen named properties)
9700 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
Price: $149++ per room single/double ($20 for any additional adult)
Parking: Complimentary parking for hotel guests and discounted parking of $5 per day for daily drive-in attendees
Room reservations must be made by February 2, 2021. After that date, rooms are on a space available basis at the prevailing hotel rate.
Thursday, February 25, 2021:
Friday, February 26, 2021:
Refund PolicyTuition refund is a $35 administrative fee which will be made for cancellation received in writing/email by 4 pm February 2, 2021. No refunds will be made after that time.
Purchase Order Policy for Public Defender and Regional Conflict Counsel offices:
Purchase Order Policy
In order to make the registration of government attorneys and investigators more defined, efficient, and equally applied, FACDL implements the following policy for Government agencies wishing to register their employees (attorneys or investigators) for a FACDL seminar:
- Government agencies may purchase registrations to any FACDL seminar by emailing FACDL a Purchase Order listing the name and email address of each attendee.
- Purchase Orders must be received by FACDL no later than the online registration cut-off date for the particular seminar.
- Attendee names listed on a Purchase Order may only be replaced by another name before the online registration cut-off date. Substitutions will not be allowed after the online registration cut-off date.
- Onsite registration is available for any government attorney or investigator with direct payment at the time of registration, but not by Purchase Order.
- Refund fees will apply to names removed and not replaced from a Purchase Order before the refund cut-off date.
- The no refund policy and cut-off date will apply to individual attorneys as well as to those registered through a Purchase Order. Full payment on a Purchase Order will be expected after the refund cut-off date regardless of ability to attend. After the refund cut-off date, those registered that are unable to attend, will be afforded the materials only registration (including the recording) if such option is available at no extra cost.