FACDL HQ is here to answer your questions! So, we have compiled some of our most frequently asked questions and their answers below!
How do I join a forum (previously the DefenderNet/ListServ)?
To subscribe to a forum, first make sure you're logged into your account. Then:
- Click the "My Options" drop down box in the upper right corner of the page and select the "My subscriptions" link
- Click the "+" symbol located on the left side of the page, this is the add subscription button
- Under the "Select Category" drop down menu, select "Forum"
- Under "Select Topic," click on any forum that you are interested in being a part of
*Case Law Summaries are found in the "New From the Bench Discussion" forum
How do I post on a forum?
Once you've subscribed to a forum, one of the next steps is posting in them and communicating with your fellow FACDL members!
To post, you must first be logged in! Then:
- Click the "Forums" link
- Select the forum you'd like to post in
- Once there, click the "+" symbol on the left hand side of the page
- Type the subject of your post and in the message box, type your message
- Make sure you click "Post Thread"!
Where do I find the speaker materials or CLE information?
The first step is making sure that you've registered for the event, or if it's an old seminar, making sure your payment for the materials was completed. Then, for members, there are THREE ways you can access the CLE information and speaker materials:
1) If you're attending a seminar, the best way to access the materials is through your attendee site. A week before the seminar begins, all of the materials that have been submitted to us by our speakers would be uploaded to the attendee site. You can access them through the link provided in your registration email. Click the link to enter the event site, then go to your profile. Once there, choose “My Agenda” and then you will see every event of the seminar. Clicking on one will allow you to download whatever materials correspond with that speaker.
2) All FACDL members that attend a seminar or purchase the materials after it are added to the seminar community. To access the materials through the community: go to your profile, scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see links to the seminar communities that you're a part of. The community contains all speaker materials and CLE information files, but NO audio files.
3) This, the third and final access point, is the only access to the audio files! A couple of weeks after the seminar, we will invite all Materials Only purchases of the seminar to view the audio, speaker materials, and CLE information through Dropbox. The invitation to view the folder will come from Dropbox and not from FACDL, so make sure you check your junk folder for it just in case! Regular attendees of the seminar are not added to this folder unless they pay for the audio.
*NO AUDIO RECORDINGS ARE PROVIDED FOR THE DEATH IS DIFFERENT SEMINARS*
This list of FAQs is not comprehensive, but it's a start! If you have any more questions, feel free to contact email@example.com or call us at 850.385.5080